Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Picture spending your life studying peace, only to be caught in the whirlwind of war. That’s the scenario for Badar Khan Suri, an Indian scholar whose life has turned full circle. Born in New Delhi, Suri holds a PhD in Peace and Conflict Studies from Jamia Millia Islamia, 2020, which immersed him into the complex life of state-building in war zones such as Afghanistan and Iraq. His thesis held that forcing democracy into torn-apart societies is more likely to backfire, informed by a long period of study across troubled territories—Pakistan, Balochistan, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, and Palestine. Today a postdoctoral fellow at Georgetown University’s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, he’s spent his career excavating the tensions among religion, violence, and peace, particularly with an eye to the Middle East and South Asia. His current research considers why cooperation fails in pluralistic religious communities and how to mend it—a goal that’s gotten him into trouble.
This week, Suri’s world flipped upside down when masked federal agents nabbed him outside his Rosslyn, Virginia home under the cover of night. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) claims he’s tied to Hamas, the Palestinian militant group, and accuses him of stirring trouble against American foreign policy. No hard proof has surfaced—just a DHS statement to Fox News, echoed by White House Deputy Chief of Staff Stephen Miller, saying Secretary of State Marco Rubio deems him “deportable.” Suri’s lawyer is fighting back, calling it a political hit job with no basis, pointing to a pattern of Trump’s administration targeting pro-Palestinian voices on U.S. campuses. Think Mahmoud Khalil at Columbia—same playbook. Suri, wed to an American, now finds himself in a Louisiana detention center, his life and career on hold as this showdown plays out.
Imagine a high-stakes trade tango between two world titans. U.S. President Donald Trump threw a bombshell during a Breitbart News chat on Wednesday, suggesting India may soon relent on tariffs strangling American exports. “I have a feeling they’ll cut those tariffs bigly,” he said, according to Reuters, before adding a twist: on April 2, the U.S. will replicate whatever tariffs India imposes on its exports. It’s a tit-for-tat move that’s got everyone buzzing about what’s next for these economic giants.
This comes on the heels of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent Washington visit, where both nations vowed to turbocharge their trade to $500 billion by 2030—more than double what it is now. They even set a fall 2025 deadline for the first chunk of a Bilateral Trade Agreement. Their trade last year was $190.08 billion—$123.89 billion in merchandise, $66.19 billion in services—with India exporting $83.77 billion to the U.S. and importing $40.12 billion, and ending up with a $43.65 billion surplus. Trump’s tariff bluster might disturb that equilibrium, forcing India to reconsider its position or prepare for a tit-for-tat response. Either situation, it’s a game of chess with plenty of money at stake.
Gaza’s delicate peace was shattered this week, and the casualties are devastating. Following a failed ceasefire with Hamas on Tuesday, Israel re-talpitted with bombs and ground incursion, leaving more than 400 dead in an unending blitz. Thursday morning’s predawn attacks alone accounted for 70 fatalities—children and women included—said Gaza’s civil defense team, as reported by Al Jazeera. Israeli troops have pushed into the Netzarim corridor, a razor-thin strip cutting north and south Gaza, taking it back as a launching point for precision operations after retreating under the truce.
Defense Minister Katz wasn’t diplomatic, declaring what he termed a “last warning” to Gazans: release the hostages arrested on October 7, 2023, and drive Hamas out, or else. Civilians are being instructed to leave the “combat zone,” but with bombs dropping and troops closing in, safe zones are in short supply. This escalation represents a dark shift in an already violence-worn conflict, and the world watches as the body count rises and hope for peace fades.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and President Donald Trump hashed out their differences Wednesday, their first conversation since a heated Oval Office exchange last month in which Trump and VP JD Vance complained about Zelenskyy’s failure to thank U.S. aid. That confrontation caused a halt in military and intel assistance, leaving Ukraine in limbo. But this call? A game-changer. Zelenskyy greenlit Russia’s pitch for a 30-day truce on hitting energy sites—a mutual timeout that could pave the way for bigger peace talks.
Speaking in Helsinki, Zelenskyy kept it real: “We’ll keep fighting until we’ve got a solid deal,” he said, even as Russian drones buzzed overhead. Trump’s entourage—National Security Adviser Michael Waltz and Secretary of State Marco Rubio—described it as a “major step” towards a conclusion of the war, and Zelenskyy concurred it was a meaty, straight-talking conversation. Tech teams on both sides will be meeting in Saudi Arabia shortly to iron out details. It’s not a complete ceasefire but a pause on energy attacks, but it’s giving people hope for a wider thaw in this brutal war.
A father’s agony is powering an explosive court battle in Mumbai. Satish Salian, the father of the late Disha Salian—who was earlier Sushant Singh Rajput’s manager—has taken to storming the Bombay High Court, seeking explanations regarding her 2020 death. He is not convinced with the official suicide or accident theory, but is accusing the horrific rape and murder of being covered up, and he is pointing fingers at Shiv Sena (UBT) heavy-weight Aaditya Thackeray. Satish is seeking an FIR to be filed in order to probe further, alleging the original Mumbai police investigation was genuine but got sidelined to protect influential names.
His lawyer Nilesh C Ojha explained to ANI the hypothesis: at the time Disha passed away, Aaditya’s father Uddhav Thackeray was the ruling chief minister of Maharashtra, and corrupt police are said to have covered it up to shield the son. Bring it forward to the Shinde-Fadnavis regime, and Satish is seeking justice, claiming forensic evidence, testimony, and context were disregarded. It’s a bombshell charge reviving a case that’s plagued headlines, and the court’s next step may blow it wide open—or shut it again.
Love turned deadly in Meerut, and the circumstances are straight out of a crime novel. Muskaan Rastogi, wife of 29-year-old former merchant navy officer Saurabh Rajput, is accused of plotting his murder with her lover, Sahil Shukla, 25. Saurabh returned from London on February 24 to mark Muskaan and their daughter’s birthdays, but was dead by March 4—drugged, stabbed, hacked up, and cemented in a drum. Police claim Muskaan had been planning since November, purchasing knives, sedatives, and casing dump sites with chilling precision.
The backstory? Muskaan and Sahil had met again in 2019 through a WhatsApp group of a school, which ignited an affair that turned into a fatal alliance. NDTV reports Muskaan even weaved a fanciful story, persuading Sahil that his deceased mother was conversing over Snapchat from the other world, goading him on. Their initial attempt on February 25 failed—Saurabh simply slept off the drugged food—but on March 4, they succeeded. After dropping off their six-year-old to grandma’s, Muskaan drugged him too, and along with Sahil, they completed the task. Meerut SP Ayush Vikram Singh says they had intended to disperse the pieces but decided on the drum instead. It’s a haunting story of treachery that has left all of us in shock.
Karnataka nurses have something to cheer—or perspire about. The Karnataka State Diploma in Nursing Examination Board (KSDNEB) has just released the results for the February 2025 Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery (ANM) and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) examinations, as well as Post-Basic Diploma courses. If you appeared for these, your destiny’s now live on ksdneb.org, awaiting a check with a couple of clicks. It’s a watershed moment for thousands of aspirants who’ve spent years preparing to tend to others, and the online launch means no waiting for paper scorecards—just uncomplicated good/bad news.
Shashi Tharoor is eating humble pie, and he does not apologize. The Congress MP from Thiruvananthapuram owned up at New Delhi’s Raisina Dialogue on Tuesday, saying he got it wrong when he slammed India’s neutral stance on the Russia-Ukraine war back in 2022. “I’ve got egg on my face,” he laughed during a session called ‘Waging Peace,’ admitting he’d pushed for India to condemn Russia’s invasion over UN Charter breaches and Ukraine’s sovereignty. Three years later, he’s singing a different tune, praising how India’s tightrope walk has paid off.
Tharoor now sees Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s hugs with both Ukraine’s and Russia’s leaders as proof of India’s diplomatic clout. “Modi can pal up with both sides and still be welcome,” he said, crediting India’s distance from Europe and its neutral roots. He even floated India as a peacekeeping player if a deal’s struck—especially since Russia won’t take NATO troops. “If peace happens, we’d consider it,” he mused, speaking for himself, not the government. It’s a rare mea culpa that’s got folks nodding at India’s unexpected leverage.
The future’s knocking, and Nvidia’s answering with a bang. At their San Jose GTC 2025 conference on Tuesday, CEO Jensen Huang revealed the Nvidia Isaac GR00T N1—Groot N1 for short—an open-source AI model that will give humanoid robots a boost. “Generalist robotics is here,” Huang announced, getting excited about a tool that was trained on real and synthetic data to enable robots to think and move like us. Nvidia’s adding simulation platforms and blueprints as well, allowing developers everywhere to get on the robo-revolution bandwagon.
Imagine robots that can pick up things and rush through tasks, all courtesy of Groot N1’s fast mind. It’s the culmination of last year’s Project Groot, and with generative AI on the horizon, mass-produced humanoid bots aren’t science fiction anymore—they’re coming next. Huang’s hoping this ignites the “next frontier” in AI, and the audience is abuzz with the possibility of a world where robots could potentially outnumber humans.
Sunil Chhetri’s back, and he’s still got it. India’s football icon marked his international comeback with a late header—his 95th goal for the country—sealing a 3-0 rout of Maldives in a friendly that felt anything but casual. The 40-year-old, coaxed out of retirement by coach Manolo Márquez for the AFC Asian Cup 2027 qualifiers, proved he’s still a force, fresh off a sizzling ISL season with 12 goals. Rahul Bheke cracked the game open in the 35th minute with a header, and Liston Colaco doubled the lead early in the second half before setting up Chhetri’s closer.
This wasn’t just a warm-up—India’s treating it as a dry run for their qualifier against Bangladesh on March 25. Playing in a football-mad hill town for the first time, the Blue Tigers had a roaring crowd as their secret weapon. Chhetri’s U-turn from retirement’s got fans dreaming of Asian Cup glory, and this win’s a loud statement they’re not messing around.
Watch Our News Channel On: You Tube
Top 15 Incredibly Beautiful Women from Across the World
Krystyna Pyszkova, Representing The Czech Republic, Crowned Miss World 2024!
Source: Google Google News NSE BSE
News Desk: News Lounge 24×7
Watch Our News Channel On: You Tube
Disclaimer: The views and recommendations made above in news headlines are those of individual analysts or broking companies, and not of News Lounge 24×7. We advise investors to check with certified experts before taking any investment decisions.
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.